Hi! It's me, Sandra, and I'm sharing some fun heat-embossed cards with you today. Grab your favorite acrylic stamps from Crate Paper, an embossing ink pad, embossing powders in different colors, a heat-gun, some white cardstock, and patterned papers from the Willow Lane Collection. And you're ready to start. Let's have some fun with the heat-embossing technique today.
- Cut white cardstock into fun shapes. I used a premade flip-flop cutfile and my cutting machine to cut four pairs of flip-flops.
- Attach your acrylic stamps onto an acrylic block and apply embossing ink onto the stamps.
- Pour the embossing powder over the stamped (still invisible) image.
- Now use a heat-gun to heat the powder. WOW, it's magic, the image becomes visible.
- Next, cut the card base. And then glue the fun heat-embossed shapes onto the card base. I used double-sided tape to attach the flip-flops onto the cards.
- TIP: The acrylic stamps from Willow Lane match perfectly with some of the patterned papers. It's fun to find the matching pairs :).
And here are some more close-ups of the cards.
I hope you like my card inspiration. Have fun using the embossing technique on your next papercrafting projects. Yours, Sandra
Supplies: Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Willow Lane Daydream (344444), Sweet Rose (344447), Cherish (344457), Happy Times (344463), Foil on Cardstock (344469), Stickers (344478), Acrylic Stamps (344479), Papers (344492), Crate Paper - Main Squeeze Acrylic Stamps (344292), Embossing Ink Pad, Embossing Powder, Cutting Machine