My name is Nattarida Smith, aka tinyNatt. I'm a city gal from Bangkok, Thailand who's gone country and has been living here in Colorado for the past 4 years. I'm quite the simple person. Just turn on some country music, give me a cupcake or two and I'm totally happy in the moment!
I fell in love with paper crafts in May of 2011 and have never looked back. I couldn't imagine my life without scrapbooking. My scrapbooking style is bold, feminine and simple. When I'm not scrapbooking, you can find me with iPad in hand, searching for inspiration.
Ten Randoms About Me...
1. My drawing and painting skills is equal to five years old or less.
2. I find Snoop Dog's songs very inspiring when scrapbooking.
3. I've never walked out of a Juicy Couture store empty handed.
4. I'm a certified scuba diver.
5. I could eat strawberry shortcake cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcake for breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday.
6. I have one broken wrist from snowboarding and it's never healed entirely. Every winter, my wrist "hurts".
7. I tend to laugh when I'm nervous or in physical pain.
8. I've always wanted to learn Arabic.
9. I have a lot of "best friends" because they're the best!
10. I can talk about scrapbooking all day long.
Now it's time to check out project that I created for Crate Paper. I received the Maggie Holmes and Party Day collections and from them, these are what I made...
On this layout, I worked the colors around my photo; blue and yellow with a hint of pink and red. First thing I did was open up a pocket of sequins and glued them to the upper right corner of the layout. I think they're totally perfect for the layout given the amount of texture they add! Next, I used a lot of foam adhesive to pop up layers of cardstock stickers. Finally, I added a cute little hair pin to the photo.
Oh Happy Day
I started this 5.5" x 4" card with the Maggie Holmes "Wonderful" floral patterned paper. I then added striping using Maggie's "Wonderful" chevron patterned paper and a light blue/white striped patterned paper. As a point of interest, I completed the card with an array of die-cuts and a big blue butterfly.
I figured out that they way to get the most use our of scrapbooking supplies is to display them! Either display your fun layout or hang your handmade card on the wall. For example, this 8" x 8" shadow box is the absolute ideal way of making your friends a lovely gift that he/she could display themselves. What a wonderful treat!
On this project, I started off by dry brushing white acrylic paint on top of Party Day's "Birthday" patterned paper. I then cut a section of Party Day's washi tape and placed it off center over the painted area. Last but not least, I layered a bunch of fun stickers and embellishments, including thread and rhinestones.
Thank so much everyone - hope you enjoyed my creations!