Hello all and happy December to you! It's Tara here to share this months Color Challenge! This month's challenge is really an ode to Winter and sometimes it's just nice to take a break from the tradition red and green combinations! With the start of December and the chilly weather (here in the states) I thought a cool and wintry color palette would be simply perfect for this month. I hope you'll agree!
The color palette for this month is: Antique Gold - Soft Juniper - Artic Stone
Just a few guide-lines for the challenge before we start:
- You may submit a card, layout or project to be eligible. Projects need to be submitted by midnight (EST) December 14th . Please email your work to: email@example.com
- You may use the colors in any proportion you wish, as long as you use all 3 colors in the palette. And you may add black, white or kraft paper to the colors.
- Projects must use at least 75% Crate Paper - you may mix any paper lines you like, old and new.
- The winner will be announced on December 16th and I'll share some of my favorite projects here on the blog.
- The winner will be selected based on creativity and quality of work.
Since it is December, I wanted to take this opportunity to make a few pages for my December Journal! I think these colors are so pretty together when paired with holiday photos and because it's not traditional "December" colors, it's fun to play with the contrast of bright photos and light colored papers. I used a combination of the Random, Peppermint, Neighborhood collections and a little Farmhouse for my pages.
Silver and Gold
I hope you enjoyed my journal pages and will be just as inspired to create something lovely using this month's color palette! I'll be back on the 16th to showcase some of your artwork and to share the winner of the December Color Challenge!
Happy Creating! ~ Tara