Hello Crate Paper friends! It's Tara here to share with you the November Color Challenge! This month's color challenge was inspired with the help of my daughter Alaina, who pointed out a very eye-catching clothing display and we both agreed that it would make a fun color combination. (She's been talking to me about including her name in my post all month!)
November seemed like a perfect month for a bright jewel tones and as promised I've included orange!
The color palette for this month is: Orange Peel - Berry Pink - Sapphire Blue
and this month's inspiration wire:
Just a few guide-lines for the challenge before we start:
- You may submit a card, layout or project to be eligible. Projects need to be submitted by midnight (EST) November 15th . Please email your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may use the colors in any proportion you wish, as long as you use all 3 colors in the palette. And you may add black, white or kraft paper to the colors.
- Projects must use at least 75% Crate Paper - you may mix any paper lines you like, old and new.
- The winner will be announced on November 16th and I'll share some of my favorite projects here on the blog.
- The winner will be selected based on creativity and quality of work.
I used this months color combination as an opportunity to scrapbook a few of my vacation photos from last month! Because I absolutely adore this Vintage paper from the Random Collection, I'll bend the challenge rules to include it, if you'd like to use it yourself!
When I have photos that I really want to make the focal point of my layout, I tend to leave alot of white space around the photo with minimal embellishments. I loved this photo of my daughter and our friends at Disneyland!
For this next layout, I had the idea to create a 'hanging' banner and then to have small patterned butterflies dancing around. The butterfly theme was inspired by the photo!
Some of my favorite cards are the simple ones, made from left-over paper that can be used for any impromptu occasion!
and lastly, I made a quick Autumn garland for hanging or for wrapping up that hostess gift for Thanksgiving! I know - I know, it doesn't follow the challenge rules, but it was too cute not to share and it's another example of how to use up those scraps!
I hope you enjoyed my projects and will be just as inspired to create something lovely using this month's color palette! I'll be back on the 16th to showcase some of your artwork and to share the winner of the November Color Challenge!
Happy Creating! ~ Tara