Hello Crate Paper fans! Can you believe it's already September and being the first Friday of the month, I'm excited to be posting our Crate Color Challenge once again!
September, while I was living in Northern California, was always the start of Autumn and I so looked forward to the crisp evening air and changing foliage. You could say that Fall is my favorite and my best and for that reason I'm naming this month's color palette "Napa Valley," in ode to one of the loveliest places to spend the changing season.
The color palette for this month is: Raspberry - Petal Pink - Apricot
and this month's inspiration wire:
Just a few guide-lines for the challenge before we start:
- You may submit a card, layout or project to be eligible. Projects need to be submitted by midnight (EST) September 12th. Please email your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may use the colors in any proportion you wish, as long as you use all 3 colors in the palette. And you may add black, white or kraft paper to the colors.
- Projects must use at least 75% Crate Paper - you may mix any paper lines you like, old and new.
- The winner will be announced on September 14th and I'll share some of my favorite projects here on the blog.
- The winner will be selected based on creativity and quality of work.
If you know me by now, you've likely caught on to my love of using girly color combinations, pattern papers and flowers to scrapbook with. This color palette plus the Random Collection was a match made in my scrapbook heaven!
For my "creative time" layout, I used the Crate Everyday challenge as inspiration and created a pie chart using the various papers from the Random Collection. I also discovered pie charts are a nifty way of using any scrap pieces of paper you've accumulated!
Ok, I'll admit it. I cheated at my own challenge and used a color not permitted but when you're dealing with pretty patterned paper some times rules can be broken. Right? In other words, please feel free to use the Vintage paper from the Random Collection.... it is only fair!
I hope you'll enjoy creating something lovely using this month's color palette! I'll be back on the 14th to showcase some of your artwork and to share the winner of the August Color Challenge!
Happy Creating! ~Tara