It's the third Friday of the month and I have a brand new sketch for you! Last month's sketch challenge was delightful, we got lots of fun versions of the sketch, so I'm really looking forward to what you do with today's inspiration. Here are the rules again:
- You have until midnight (MST) Saturday the 24th to work on the sketch. That's one week.
- Projects must use at 50% Crate Paper products, new releases are not required.
- Sketch can be a layout, cards, tags, or other project.
- Scan/Photograph your project and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner will be selected based on quality or invention of work and I'll announce them and share some other entries on Monday the 27th.
Here's my version, I stuck pretty close to the sketch, making only minor changes in the size of the base, from 12x12 to 8.5x11, and flipping the left side rectangular element with the three little bits. I added my journaling to the top right of the cluster, even though there was nothing there in the sketch. Be flexible when you are using a sketch, I followed the basic idea, but made it my own. I mostly pulled my elements from the Restoration line, but added the red from School Spirit, pearls from Kaisercraft, and mist from Studio Calico.
Larissa played along this month too, and I'm so glad! Her bright happy use of the Snow Days line perfectly shows off her B&W photo. She flipped a lot of the elements, either upside down or sideways. She highlights just how easy it is to take a sketch and use the parts that work best for your own work.
And our final example is from Ania Jo, she used the School Spirit line and made a birthday card. Isn't it fun to see the same sketch in a much smaller version? I love how she worked with the star theme for this project, it's definitely a card I'd be happy getting for MY birthday too.
So off you go, work your magic! I'm anxious to see what you come up with. I almost forgot! The winner will be able to choose a Collection pack of either School Spirit or Snow Days.